BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.13.2009

A new goal

So Suzanne and I have made a goal to go hiking every other week. We started this past Saturday when we went with Breena and Jen to American Fork Canyon. The hike we wanted to go on (complete with moose) was snowed in so we chose a different one, even though there was still quite a bit of snow.

It was so pretty when we got to the Tibble Fork Reservoir and I was glad that I brought my camera. Too bad I forgot to charge it.

The hike itself was awesome! It was mostly mud and snow. I actually think that the people who are in charge of making trails just decided to be funny and put a trail head at the beginning of a creek. It seemed like we were hiking IN the creek the whole way! I felt adventurous though. We jumped across banks and walked over logs over rivers. One river had no place to cross safely so we all had to run through a foot of FREEZING COLD water.

Suzanne was the first victim to the mud and fell in it. Near the end of the hike, I was telling myself how proud I was that I hadn't fallen yet (I am way clutzy) and then I fell and got muddy. Oh well. It was really fun. Hopefully we wont wimp out on this goal.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

sounds like so much fun! I wish there were fun hikes around here!