BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

8.08.2009

Quote of the week:

"Becky bought a cruise!!!!"

Why yes, yes I did. Courtesy of Caribbean Cruise Line.


Why? I have asked myself that question many times since Monday, the day the deed was done.

To preface this event, I must let you know I was having a HORRIBLE day. I had to wake up before 7 in the morning. Then I rode 3 buses all the way to American Fork to teach some morning classes. The classes were chaotic. Kids are cute, but sometimes they are a handful. Then I rode 3 more buses home. It take over an hour to get there, by the way. When I got home I was tired and cranky. I went to the store and had to endure some really annoying Napolean Dinamite-esque cheesy organ music in the store. It really ticked me off for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Well I got home and checked the mail. To my surprise, I got a letter that said I won a free cruise!! Immediately I thought it was just some stupid things, but I decided to call for some reason. It turns out that the cruise wasn't completely free. It actually cost $597. It also turns out that I bought that cruise. I was feeling excited until I got of the phone. I felt stupid for taking it. I mean, I just took out a loan for school and now I blew 600 dollars on a stupid cruise? Idiotic.

I called Heather and she convinced me that I had been stupid. Thanks, by the way. She told me to call and get my money back; I told her not to tell Mom and Dad. The only thing- the cruise was non-refundable. I had a pit in my stomach and felt like crying for the next 18 hours. What had I done?

My roommates thought it was the funniest thing. They kept saying "Becky bought a cruise" and then laughing hysterically. Needless to say it didn't make me feel any better.

The next day I called anyway and had to listen to 4 different people pressure me into keeping the cruise, but I held strong. I got my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a relief!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

just for the record, I never called you stupid. I recall saying you had been suckered. Totally different. By the way, yours truly has also been suckered before.

Larry said...

For the record, Heather never told Mom or me.

I love you!

Dad

Becky said...

I know you didn't say that Heather, you're too nice to say something like that. You did convince me that I had done something stupid, even if you didn't say it like that. I'm grateful for that, too :)

Lanu-Banu said...

Hahaha! Becky I loved this. I wish I was there when all of this took place. I'm glad you got your money back though!