BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.10.2008

Let's Rebel!



Against snow. I hate it. There has been snow on the Utah mountains for a week now and its supposed to snow hardcore tomorrow in the valley! UGG!! I HATE THE SNOW!! I guess playing in it can be fun, but when you have to walk in it everywhere you go, its not very fun. It seems that no matter how many layers I wear during the winter, I'm still cold.


Despite the horrible weather that is coming my way, I've been doing good. On Sunday Lanae and I went to a Spanish baptism. We have to do thing like that for our Spanish class. It was really cool and I understood almost everything! Afterward, we went to the house of the people that were baptized and ate cake. There was this really funny Dominican man that loves to salsa dance and he was talking to me, but I didn't know how to respond. That's my problem. I can understand things, but I can't speak the language. It's kind of frustrating, but the experience was fun nonetheless.

On Saturday, it was really cold outside, so we all got in the hot tub. Then it got really hot so we decided to jump into the pool. To my surprise, the water was warmer than outside. So we all played football in the pool. It was so much fun! And I burned alot of calories, which is always good.

So in one of my classes that I teach, one of my students came up to me beforehand and said
"Miss Becky, I made you something."
It was a colorful paper with the words I LOVE PIANO CLASS written on it in bright, glittery stuff. It was the cutest thing ever! The girl who gave it to me is about 4 years old and is so sweet! It's those kinds of things that make my job worth going to everyday.
On the other hand, that very same day in a different class, a little boy stood up from his keyboard and just started PUKING!!!! It was so sudden, I barely had time to react! He just kept throwing up and he didn't make it to the garbage can, unfortunately. I almost started gagging right there too and I could tell some of the other moms in the room were too. The boy and his grandma left and I got Peter, the boy who works in the office, to clean it up so I could continue with my class. Needless to say, it was a very eventful day at work.

Oh! One more thing that happened....there was a centipede in out apartment!! Suz almost stepped on it and it went inside my shoe! We were all terrified!!!!! Well....at least me and Suz were. Lanae really didn't care and Jill was the brave one that finally squished it. Haha we all had a good laugh after that one.

Well... I have nothing more to say.

Peace out.

1 comments:

suz said...

I'm so glad that you have such a good attitude toward snow... what did it ever do to you anyway. At least i can say that it caused me to break my tailbone...and we all know how that whoe ordeal went.