BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.23.2008

Man the guns

Today I came home and, like always, I asked anyone if they got the mail already. Mail time is such an exciting thing in my life. Going to the mailbox can make my whole day, especially if I get something! Today I came home and Suzanne told me that we got a postcard. This is what it looked like:
Interesting, eh? It had a Frank Sinatra stamp, which is kinda cool. Well it gets better. The postcard was from a companion of one of my friends from high school. Elder Payne. The weird thing was that it was addressed to "Becky Tutt." Who in the world is that? I mean, I'm Becky Barney and I have a roommate named Suzanne Tutt, but there is definitely no Becky Tutt. Just for kicks, I'm going to post the contents of my/Suzanne's postcard.


"Dear Becky,

How are you? My name is Elder Payne. I am Elder Fine's companion here is New Orleans AKA the Jungle. I though it would be fun to write you. So how do you like going to BYU? When I get home I want to go to UVU then transfer to BYU. Well I really enjoy sports and being with really awesome people. Elder Fine tells me your really cool. [**Sounds like this guy really enjoys the word "really"] Well it would be awesome to hear from you sometime. Well take care and have a sweet day."


Cool. Other than the randomness of the postcard, he seems like a nice guy. I really think the letter is meant for me. I mean, who else would he be referring to when he said Adam thinks i'm cool? Suz, if you're reading this, I'm just kidding. But kinda not. And I really am.

Anywho, a guy in my ward almost ate my goldfish. I put up a fight for them, but I think it would've been cool if he had actually done it. Too bad he chickened out. And he's supposed to be my soul mate too! Now I just think he's too wimpy for me.

To explain, our high couselman for our ward gave a talk in church on Sunday. He talked about dating and marriage the WHOLE time. He was hilarious. He told the whole ward that he matches people up in the ward and usuallly they end up dating or getting married. So that night he came by our apartment to give something to Suzanne and then we all wanted him to give us our top 10 list of guys in the ward. He matched me up with Gordy Evans. And this is the boy who almost ate my fish. Perfect match, don't you think?

Moral of the story: join the navy

2 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Getting that postcard must have been so random!

Good luck with your soulmate!

Mary said...

Ha! Good moral of the story! "Join the navy". That's exactly what that post made me want to do. Oh ya, that kid totally digs you becky! He must have seen a picture of you or something!