BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

6.23.2008

Perfect Plans Spoiled

Mary Vance, Breena Hadlock, and I decided that we would go hiking this past Saturday. We decided to go at 6 am. Wowzah! That's early, and I am no early morning person, so it was a big deal that I was going to wake myself up to go hiking. Don't get me wrong, I love hiking and I was way excited to go, but I wish that AZ wasn't so darn hot. That was we could go hiking later and not die of heat stroke.
Anyways, I wake up Saturday morning at 6 am to a text message from Breena saying "I'm here!!" Whoops. I slept in, of course. So I jumped out of bed and hurriedly got ready. By the time I was done, Mary was there too. So it was time to be off! Well I pretty much knew where we were going, but once we got out there, I couldn't seem to find the trails. (we were going to Superstition) So we stopped at a gas station to ask directions.
Well the people at the gas station were set on being as little help as they could. When we asked them where the trails were, they told us it was "too dangerous and hot this time of year" and that we could "get lost" and "die of dehydration." K, maybe I made that last one up. But, c'mon! The trails at Superstition are really big, and always have TONS of people on them. It is impossible to get lost on those trails. Also, it was 6:30 in the morning, so it wasn't too terribly hot and we were planning on being out of there by like 9 anyways. Plus, we had like 5 bottles of water, so we were pretty much set.
Well, I just needed to get that off my chest. I was pretty peeved that those people wouldn't tell us where to go. I was even more peeved that they treated us like 3 year olds that couldn't take care of themselves. Rant over.

0 comments: