BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.23.2008

I dont understand...

people with accents. Specifically, Asain ones. Last year I had a Chemistry class and my TA was Asian. I would go in for help, but I could not understand anything he said no matter how many times he repeated himself. Usually I would end up just asking someone else in the lab for help. It was very frustrating because I wasn't that good at Chemistry in the first place. I hate it.

Well today brought back memories of those good ol' days. I came into work and my internet wasn't working. I tried a few things, but nothing worked and nobody was in the office to help me. Well our business has a tech guy that can help but he works in the Salt Lake office. Goodie. So today I had to call him and guess what? He is Asian and he has a heavy Asian accent! So I had to sit there while he tried to tell me what to do to fix my internet. He kept saying all these words that mean nothing to me and I was SO confused. He got pretty frustrated because I didn't understand anything he was talking about and he even said he needed someone smarter on my end that knew about computers to talk to him. Too bad I was the only one here. After about 30 minutes on the phone with him, we got it fixed. I thought it never would end, but FINALLY it did. I'm glad he put up with me. And I'm glad its over.

4 comments:

Lanu-Banu said...

Haha that is frustrating. I am glad you got it figured out. I really like British accents...

Spence Morgan said...

I love accents...my second goal while on a mission is to develop one. Behind bringing people to Christ of course ;) Just remember, patience is a virtue.

Lanu-Banu said...

Becky you really should update your blog. Thanks ;) haha

Lanu-Banu said...

no update....cool. haha :)