BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.02.2008

I picked a good career.

In my spare time I like to plan. I budget my money. Plan my school schedule. Plan my future. I like that sort of stuff.

So today I was looking at how much money i'm going to make when I start my career as a dental hygienist, and I was very pleasantly surprised. The average wage was $71, 453. And I only need an Associates degree! Sweet! On the "Fast Growing Occupations in AZ" website, it said that this is the second highest paying career. It's second only to Pharmacists, who make about $88,000 a year. My brother, Mike, is going to be a pharmacist. I guess good career-pickin' runs in the fam.

Other things that make this career fantastic?
*Flexible hours
*Only have to work 1 day a month to keep license
*Get to wear scrubs (I'm way excited about this)
*I get to give people something to smile about
*Did I mention the great pay? Starting hygienists get an average of $50-$120 an hour.

I can't wait to start. Now all I gotta do is get into the program at UVU, finish up school, and take the tests. Whoop-dee-doo!

1 comments:

Lanu-Banu said...

You did pick a good one. Too bad I am not interested in taking all of those science classes and working on teeth. Its good money! You inspired me to look up the average salary of a US English teacher. It is less than half of dental hygeinists. About $38,000 a year. Sad.