BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.07.2008

Sick?

This weekend for the Fourth of July I went to Taylor, AZ with Mary and Suzie and the Tutts. We drove up there on Friday afternoon. It was fun to just hang out and enjoy the nice weather. It rained some while we were there, so it was nice and cool. That night we went to Suzanne's 13-year-old cousin's birthday party. We ate dinner and cake at a park. It was pretty sweet. What was even more sweet was that there was a two-seater dinosaur rocker thing there. He was pretty cool. Suzie lovingly named him Chaunce. It suits him.

Other than the birthday party, there were no celebrations on the 4th. Weird. I don't know why the town of Taylor decided to celebrate it on the 5th, but they did. And boy do they know how to celebrate. They shoot off anvils. Yep, those big honkin' heavy metal things that look like this:

That whole ordeal started around 4 am. It was so loud. There was a band playing and people honking their horns and there was a fire truck thrown in the mix as well. It was actually kinda fun to be woken up that early and thinking "Hey, there are the anvils." We could have gone and watched them, but we were too lazy.

Later that morning I experienced something I never had before: fainting. I was in a lot of pain that morning when I woke up due to womanly issues, and so I went to the kitchen and asked Sis Tutt if she had any advil. Nope. The pain got worse and worse and I was about to cry. Sis Tutt then proceeded to the kitchen table where everyone was seated for breakfast and asked if anyone had any medicine. I was gripping the edge of the table at this point because I couldn't really stand. Then I blinked and half of my vision was gone. I blinked again and everything was black. Then I opened my eyes and I was on the floor.

Let me tell you, it was the most surreal thing I have ever experienced. I don't remember how I got on the floor, though everyone told me I hit my head on the counter and the tile floor as I went down. When I woke up, it felt like I was just waking up from sleeping. I expected to be in my bed, but instead I woke up with seven worried faces looking at me. I was really confused until the pain came back in full force. It was then that I wished I was still unconscious. So Bro and Sis Tutt helped me lay down on an air mattress and retrieved some pills from Suzie's uncle and aunt. Then everyone went to a patriotic program and I was left to sleep. Overall, it was not a fun experience, but I was able to joke about it later that day when I was feeling fine.

We left for home later that afternoon after lunch. It was a pretty fun trip. Too bad I missed all the patriotic stuff and celebrations. It's kinda ironic seeing that I went to celebrate the 4th of July. Oh well.

One more funny thing. At least I think its funny. So right before we headed back home, we stopped and Suzanne's aunt and uncle's house (the ones with the pills). We waited in the car, but everyone came out to say Bye. Suzie's cousin Preston came out with them (not the one with the birthday but his brother) and he stuck his head in the car, looked at me, and said, "Sick?" That was it. I was a little bit confused, but I responded with a "No, I'm alright now, thanks." Then he left. It was a little strange. I mean, he is an RM. Me must know how to talk to people seeing as thats all he did for 2 years straight. I found it pretty funny. He truly is a man of few words.

Anyway...thats my eventful trip to Taylor, AZ!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I've heard about the anvils tradition from someone before. It would be cool to see I think. Sorry that you were so sick. That is really horrible. I almost fainted one time during band camp in the middle of the football field...not a fun feeling.

suz said...

That was an entertaining trip for sure. I just miss chaunce so much. i'm glad you added the little piece about preston, just think, i've gone through the same confusion everytime i've seen him over the past 19 years, except usually he says "amy?" oh well good times
ps my tailbone is healing nicely.

Kara Staples said...

Ah! I'm glad you're feeling better now! Fainting is one of my all time fears. Sounds like you had a fun fourth of July, regardless!