BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.20.2009

Camping--A lesson in patience

So a few weekends ago, my roommates and I decided to rough it out in the woods all by ourselves. We booked a camp site in advance and then set out on our way. We had clear instructions on how to get there (it was only in Springville) and allotted ourselves about 30 minutes to get there. Little did we know that it would take almost TWO HOURS to get there. The reason? Construction....bleh. I hate it. We ran into it at every turn it seemed like. We had to take at least 3 detours. So annoying. At least we got to know the neighborhoods of Springville. We saw a house that looked like Rigoletto lived there, so that was cool (Funny side story: We went to a bridal shower this past weekend and it was in the house next door to the Rigoletto house). We finally stopped some ladies walking down the road to ask them for help.

So we found the campground, but we didn't know which space was ours, so we had to ask the lady in charge. Here is a video documenting our frustration (this is the end of the almost 2 hours).

I love how the video ends with Jen's thumbs up. That means we found it!!! So as you can see, we weren't in the best shape after so many frustrations. I couldn't stop laughing! I think I was laughing so I wouldn't cry. I really can't remember though. Anyway, we got there and had a smashing good time!
The fire that Jen and I tried to build. We couldn't get it started so we had to ask a man across the way to help us. He told us it should only take one match to light a fire. We had used about 20... He started ours with just the leftover coals of our failed attempt. How embarrassing.

Suz documenting our trip. Isn't she a dream?

Everyone minus me.

Me and Mary.

Jen in our tiny tent. It's a 2 man tent, but we definitely squished all five of us in there.

Haha I love this picture.

Don't we look great when we first wake up?

Next time we try an outing like this, we will know A) how to get there and B) how to start the fire.

0 comments: