BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.17.2009

The 3rd of July.

My roommates and I wanted to have a really exciting Fourth of July weekend. On the 4th, I was going to Stadium of Fire and a few others were going with family to party, so.....we planned an action packed day of fun on the 3rd. We started off bright and early with a hike up to Silver Lake. It was SO beautiful as you will see from the pictures.

This is the whole crew. I'm pretty surprised we got all seven of us in this because nobody was around to take one for us, so Mary had to use her long arms to snap this shot.

Silver Lake.

So on the way down the mountain....a cougar was attacking Suzanne so I saved her and this is my battle wound. That would be cool if it were true. But I really just tripped (on the most level part of the trail) and cut myself up on the gravel. It doesn't look that bad here, but it was a nasty cut and it bruised a lot over the next few days. Putting rubbing alcohol on it was TERRIBLE.

There was snow at the top! How cool is that? There were some little boys up there that kept pelting us with snowballs so, of course, we had to fight back.

This is a really cool picture. The lake is high up on the mountain, so the edge looks like it just drops off...which it does.



When we got home, we went swimming. Don't ask what Mary is doing. I don't think any of us know.

We then made a FEAST!!! We made lots of BBQ chicken salad. It was delicious.

This is the puppy that lives next door. His name is Cha Le (it sounds like you're saying Charlie with a British accent). He is so adorable and we like to play with him most days.

Okay. This is proof that people in Provo are ridiculous! People were camping out on the side of University Ave 24 hours before the 4th of July parade was supposed to happen. What a waste of a day. Most of the people brought their TVs and movies and video games to play. I guess it could be fun, but I don't get it.

We ended off the night with some yummy desserts and the dice game. Or, in Suzanne's family, Farkle.

What a great day!

0 comments: