BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.27.2009

Are you sure this water's sanitary?

This past Saturday evening, I got asked on a date by my friend Bret. He is a big fisher, so we went fishing with one other couple up at Silver Lake. It's beautiful up there (Look at my camping post from the 3rd of July). I had never been fishing before, so I was pretty excited! It turns out i'm pretty good! I caught 2 fish within the first 20 minutes and then one more at the end of the trip. More than anyone else there. I was pretty surprised, but it was way cool! We kept the three I caught and I even helped cleaned out the fish. GROSS!!

Look at that! I named him Steve.

Up close and personal.


Me cleaning the fish. It was SO slimy! At least it wasn't wriggling around. I tried to hold a live one and I couldn't hold on to it.


Look at those guts! Bleh.


This is Bret!

It was a really fun date. On Sunday, I went over to Bret's house and we cooked my catch! It was actually pretty good.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

SO FUN! I LOVE fishing! I'm no good though. Last time I went no one caught anything except my 12 year old sister..who caught 3! lame